Daffodils are in bloom and bluebirds chirp in the trees. I sat down to write a post, and this light-hearted quiz is the result. Enjoy!
(Answers are at the bottom of the page.)
1. The Pulitzer Prize for an American novel was given for the first time in 1918, and Emilie Loring was nominated in 1937. In what year did a woman first sit on the board to decide the Pulitzer?
a. 1941 b. 1963 c. 1980
2. Which of these women is Emilie Loring?
3. Here Comes the Sun! was published in London under what title?
a. Honor and Grace b. Julie’s Choice c. The Dragon Slayer
4. In which of these houses did Emilie Loring live?
5. How did Emilie Loring take her tea?
a. iced, with mint
b. hot, with lemon
c. hot, with milk
6. Which of these is the man she fell in love with, Victor Loring?
7. Emilie Loring said that three ingredients should always be in the kitchen cupboard, in case guests dropped by. What were they?
a. shrimp, chocolate, wine
b. walnuts, apples, cake
c. caviar, chutney, anchovy paste
8. This is Emilie Loring’s summer home. What was it called?
a. Melville Manor b. Stone House c. Granite Place
9. This is Emilie Loring’s father, George Melville Baker. What was his occupation?
a. actor b. author c. publisher
10. How many full-length novels did Emilie Loring complete during her lifetime?
a. 20 b. 30 c. 50
- c; 1980
- c; The Dragon Slayer
- Trick question: all of them!
- b; hot, with lemon
- c; caviar, Major Grey Chutney, anchovy paste
- b; Stone House
- Another trick question: all of them!
- b; 30
How did you do?